Many of us look for expensive protein shakes, supplements, skin glowing products and what not however this inexpensive yet magical ingredient often goes unnoticed and unused by many. Many people are not even aware of what impressive benefits a lemon juice can offer for human body. We can truly term lemon juice as something that surrounds complete health and fitness wellbeing of a human body. It helps in digestion, improves your skin, aids in weight loss and there is much more to the benefits that is easily available and affordable ingredient can give a human body. We will be exploring these benefits in the remaining part of this page.
Benefits of Lemon Juice:
- Weight Loss: One of the common problems that many of us might be facing trouble dealing with is the issue of being overweight. Excessive weight can lead to many chronic diseases such as heart problem, high blood pressure and many others. A well-maintained body weight makes you healthy and at reduced risk. For all those who wish to lose some excessive fat, lemon juice can work wonders. This ingredient incudes pectin (a type of fiber) that makes you feel full for a longer duration and thus you eat less throughout the day aiding to weight loss.
- Digestion and Detoxification: The structure of lemon juice is such that when it enters your body, it aids in keeping your good moving throughout your body. This enhanced speed of processing food improves your digestion system and thus eases up any constipation or upset stomach problem. The citric acid of lemon juice also boosts absorption of nutrients and aids in flushing out toxins out of your body. As you intake lemon juice regularly, you will find yourself using bathroom more frequently and urinate to get rid of all the toxins in your skin and body.
- Keeps you hydrated: Keeping yourself hydrated throughout the day is important especially when you are a fitness freak, you need to get hydrated after a tough workout. Lack of fluid in your body reduces the flow of energy around your muscles and can cause injury or hinder recovery/healing process. Use of lemon juice boosts your energy and keeps your body hydrated.
- Boosts up your Energy Level and Mood: Lemon water or juice is a good source of energy that makes you feel fresh, energized and thus boosts your mood. You will find sudden relaxation and reduction in stress (if any) after having a refreshing lemon juice.
- Improves Immune System: Lemons are vitamin C rich ingredients. Vitamin C improves production of white blood cell in your body and is essential for your immune system to work properly. It helps in prevention against flu and cold. Food and drinks that you intake are source of vitamin C in your body. Thus an increased intake of lemon juice would ensure that your body gets enough Vitamin C.
- Prevention from Free Radicals: Free radicals in your body are usually dealt with antioxidants in your body. However extensive workout and exercising for fitness can enhance production of free radicals. This happens when you work out for an extended duration and thus it results in increase of oxidation stress. Excessive free radicals can cause some damage to a human body such as a muscle damage. So intake of this antioxidant rich lemon juice would neutralize the effect of excessive free radicals and would thus prevent you from various chronic problems and diseases.
- Revitalizing your Skin: Lemon juice or lemon water can help in rejuvenating your skin. It boosts production of collagen that works well as an anti-aging element in your body smoothing face lines out. A regular intake of lemon juice would result in less wrinkles and would enable your skin to look clear, fresh and younger. Combined with some other ingredients such as honey, rose water you can even treat your pimples and blackheads over face and make your skin much clear. These remedies would work well for both males and females.
- Home Remedy for Diseases: Lemon juice works well for curing or at least giving relief for some diseases too. One such problem is asthma. A popular treatment for asthma is to use lemon juice before meal and research shows that people who followed this home remedy witnessed reduced asthma attacks. Lemon juice is one of the most famous home remedies for various health related problems and issues.
There are many other advantages of lemon juice however we have covered all the main health and fitness benefits of using lemon juice on a daily basis. As you begin to use lemon water on a daily basis, you will witness a great change in your body, mind, skin, mood and health. Benefits of lemon juice are for people of all age irrespective of gender. Having a one cup juice of this vitamin C rich fruit can give you around 185% of your daily requirement of vitamin C. A simple drink of this health fruit should be taken in daily routine in order to prevent your body from complex problems and diseases. So utilize this ingredient properly and it would not only aid in improving your health but would also prove fruitful in recovery after workout.