There is no rocket science in building muscles and you just need to be focused and straightforward if you really want to build some muscles. Many of you may be concerned about taking about time and getting an additional financial burden of going to a gym on daily basis for gaining muscles. Not really, the good news is that you can build muscles at home too and there is no limit to progress that you can make with your goal. It just needs you to be creative and you would need to commit yourself to regularly workout for gaining muscle mass at home without using any gym machines. Here we are outlining some of the main muscle building methods that you can include in your daily routine. Progress however would depend on your regularity and the intensity at which you work. If you work at a difficult level on a regular basis and eat right, you will be notice great success.
Building Muscle Mass at Home:
1. Work on your Core Muscles:
All your core body muscles can be focused with a workout routine at home and it wouldn’t need you to buy any expensive gym equipment. Here is how you can tone various muscles of your body:
- Push-ups: Simple, incline and decline push-ups on a regular basis is the finest form of workout for your arms and chest. However your posture and technique should be appropriate so that you can make most out of this workout.
- Dips: Dips are an ideal way of toning all the muscles of your arms.
- Handstands: This form of exercising works to tone muscles around your shoulders and back.
- Planks: A challenging plank exercising routine can work on all the major muscles of your body. For a more focused routine, you can include side planks as well as planks with push-ups to further excel its benefits on your lower body and upper body muscles.
- Crunches: Workout that includes crunches has proved to work best for building abs
- Wall Sits: Wall sits in a regular routine strengthen muscles around your knees.
- Squats: A complete lower body workout routine that doesn’t need any equipment at all and works over all the muscles around your legs.
- Lunges: For building muscles around your butt, hamstring and hips; lunges along with the use of free weights would give progressive results.
- Other exercises for building muscles at home can include: donkey kicks, jumping, skipping, burpees, lateral jumps, twists, triceps and others.
2. Planned Workout:
Building muscles would not be possible if you go unplanned and do any number of different exercises each day. You should have a plan for each week that should focus on different muscle groups throughout the week. An effective workout plan is essential if you are really serious about building muscles safely. You need to become your own fitness trainer. Include a mix of different exercises focusing on varied muscle groups. Apart from that you should also give your body some time for recovery. The rest time is not about skipping routine at all but you can do less stressful exercises such as short run, walk etc.
3. Proper Workout Form:
Injuries and chronic problems rather than success in gaining muscle would be result of an improper form or technique of exercising. You need to and should focus on adopting proper and effective technique of exercising. Jerky, awkward movements can result in serious injuries.
4. Go Slow with Raising your Level:
For serious gaining of muscles, you would need to be a little hard on yourself but that doesn’t mean that you should force yourself to do everything in one day. Go slow and steady and raise your level gradually. It is recommended that you should struggle only slightly rather than causing injury.
5. High Protein Healthy Diet:
Apart from a routine of effective workout, you would need to maintain a high-protein daily healthy diet and thus focus on fruits, veggies, lean meat, beans, whole grains and other healthy food. Just be aware of what you are eating and substitute all unhealthy food with healthy products.
6. Some Tools:
It is true that you really don’t need to buy all the expensive equipment but in order to excel your workout routine, you can buy some tools such as free weights /dumbbells, resistance bands and pull-up bars. These small equipment wouldn’t cost much and are easily available in sports and goods stores. These exercising aids would help in focusing on small muscles of your body and resistance associated with these tools would further challenge your body.
Though if you are a really serious body builder, joining a gym would do more good to your body than working out at home. But you can certainly not excuse yourself from gaining muscles and staying fit if you just don’t have time or expense for a gym membership or you can’t buy one of those expensive exercising equipment. Just follow a workout routine with proper form and diet plan and you will be amazed to see results with building muscles.